EVENT: Arab bankers in London meet with PRA officials to discuss current regulatory issues
Date: 26th February, 2016 Time: 02:30 pm - 04:30 pm
Twenty eight senior bankers from 21 Arab bank branches and subsidiaries in London met with three officials from the UK's Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA) at the ABA's offices on 26 February. This was the second such meeting that the ABA has organised between London-based Arab bankers and UK bank regulators. The meeting lasted two hours.
Key issues discussed included:
- The transition to new liquidity monitoring that will entail the PRA relying more on liquidity supervision conducted by banks' home supervisors,
- The implementation of the Capital Conservation Buffer and its relation to the Counter Cyclical Buffer,
- Issues related to the Senior Managers Regime, and in particular the difficulty of filling 'controlled function' vacancies within 12 weeks,
- The EU's Deposit Guarantee Scheme Directive, and in particular the extension of the DGS to corporate deposits,
- The supervisory focus on banks' business models, in particular in the light of low oil prices.
The meeting was conducted under the "Chatham House Rule".
Attendees from the banks and the PRA officials commented that the meeting had been useful and all agreed that another meeting should be scheduled at a mutually convenient time over the summer.
The meeting forms part of the ABA's efforts to represent and promote the interests of Arab banks in London.
More in Events
CEO's of member banks will be invited to attend a meeting with officials from the Prudential Regulation Authority at the ABA's offices on Wednesday 22 January 2020. The meeting will start at 2.30pm. Invitations to this event...
ABA members will be invited to meet with officials from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC - the UK tax office) on Monday 25 November. The meeting will start at 3pm and end at 5pm. This meeting follows on from the first...
The first meeting of our Operational Resilience co-ordination group will be held on Monday 30 September at PwC's offices. The meeting is the result of a presentation on operational resilience that was given by PwC to ABA corporate...
Corporate Members will be invited to a meeting with officials from the Financial Conduct Authority at the ABA's offices on Thursday 19 September. The meeting will start at 3pm and end at 5pm. For more information on this...
Our Annual Gala Dinner will be held on Wednesday 23 October at the JW Marriot Grosvenor House, Park Lane. We will be honouring Mr. Isam al-Sager, the Group CEO of National Bank of Kuwait, for Distinguished Service to Arab...