EVENT: Arab Banks in London meet with bank regulators
Date: 28th November, 2016 Time: 03:30 pm - 05:00 pm
Twenty five senior managers of Arab banks in London met with four officials from the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) on 28 November. The meeting lasted for an hour and a half and was the second such meeting organised by the Arab Bankers Association this year.
The meeting was held under the Chatham House Rule.
Topics discussed included
- the PRA's approach to supervising subsidiaries and branches of foreign banks
- possible changes to the UK deposit insurance scheme
- the implementation of the Senior Managers' Regime
- capital weightings for development finance
- liquidity reporting for branches and subsidiaries of non-European Economic Area banks
- improving the quality of returns under the Common Reporting (CoRep) Framework (issued by the EBA in respect of the Capital Requirements Directive)
The PRA executives and the representatives of the Arab banks agreed that the meeting had been useful, and that the Arab Bankers Association should endeavour to organise another meeting in about six months time.
More in Events
CEO's of member banks will be invited to attend a meeting with officials from the Prudential Regulation Authority at the ABA's offices on Wednesday 22 January 2020. The meeting will start at 2.30pm. Invitations to this event...
ABA members will be invited to meet with officials from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC - the UK tax office) on Monday 25 November. The meeting will start at 3pm and end at 5pm. This meeting follows on from the first...
The first meeting of our Operational Resilience co-ordination group will be held on Monday 30 September at PwC's offices. The meeting is the result of a presentation on operational resilience that was given by PwC to ABA corporate...
Corporate Members will be invited to a meeting with officials from the Financial Conduct Authority at the ABA's offices on Thursday 19 September. The meeting will start at 3pm and end at 5pm. For more information on this...
Our Annual Gala Dinner will be held on Wednesday 23 October at the JW Marriot Grosvenor House, Park Lane. We will be honouring Mr. Isam al-Sager, the Group CEO of National Bank of Kuwait, for Distinguished Service to Arab...