EVENT: Arab Banks in London meet with bank regulators
Date: 28th November, 2016 Time: 03:30 pm - 05:00 pm
Twenty five senior managers of Arab banks in London met with four officials from the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) on 28 November. The meeting lasted for an hour and a half and was the second such meeting organised by the Arab Bankers Association this year.
The meeting was held under the Chatham House Rule.
Topics discussed included
- the PRA's approach to supervising subsidiaries and branches of foreign banks
- possible changes to the UK deposit insurance scheme
- the implementation of the Senior Managers' Regime
- capital weightings for development finance
- liquidity reporting for branches and subsidiaries of non-European Economic Area banks
- improving the quality of returns under the Common Reporting (CoRep) Framework (issued by the EBA in respect of the Capital Requirements Directive)
The PRA executives and the representatives of the Arab banks agreed that the meeting had been useful, and that the Arab Bankers Association should endeavour to organise another meeting in about six months time.
More in Events
FTI Consulting and Mishcon de Reya will host an evening seminar on Financial Crime on Thursday 13 February. We will post more details here soon.
CEO's of member banks will be invited to attend a meeting with officials from the Prudential Regulation Authority at the ABA's offices on Wednesday 22 January 2020. The meeting will start at 2.30pm. The PRA team will...
HMRC has postponed the planned meeting with Arab banks in London that had been scheduled for 25 November. This is due to the British General Election that will take place on 12 December. Government officials do not discuss policies...
The first meeting of our Operational Resilience co-ordination group will be held on Monday 30 September at PwC's offices. The meeting is the result of a presentation on operational resilience that was given by PwC to ABA corporate...
Corporate Members will be invited to a meeting with officials from the Financial Conduct Authority at the ABA's offices on Thursday 19 September. The meeting will start at 3pm and end at 5pm. For more information on this...