EVENT: Arab Banks in London meet with bank regulators
Date: 28th November, 2016 Time: 03:30 pm - 05:00 pm
Twenty five senior managers of Arab banks in London met with four officials from the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) on 28 November. The meeting lasted for an hour and a half and was the second such meeting organised by the Arab Bankers Association this year.
The meeting was held under the Chatham House Rule.
Topics discussed included
- the PRA's approach to supervising subsidiaries and branches of foreign banks
- possible changes to the UK deposit insurance scheme
- the implementation of the Senior Managers' Regime
- capital weightings for development finance
- liquidity reporting for branches and subsidiaries of non-European Economic Area banks
- improving the quality of returns under the Common Reporting (CoRep) Framework (issued by the EBA in respect of the Capital Requirements Directive)
The PRA executives and the representatives of the Arab banks agreed that the meeting had been useful, and that the Arab Bankers Association should endeavour to organise another meeting in about six months time.
More in Events
The World Gold Council briefed corporate members on the gold market, with particular reference to Shari'ah-compliant products.
At the latest corporate members' lunch, PwC make presentations on the replacement of Libor and latest developments with Brexit.
VG, the Jersey-based trust and service firm, hosted a lunch for ABA corporate members on 4 April.
On 9 April we held a reception to welcome a delegation of Iraqi financial professionals, led by the Deputy Prime Minister/Finance Minister.
We will hold an seminar on whislteblowing, hot lines and the 'speak up' culture. It will be delivered by Protect (formely known as Public Concern at Work) a registered charity that promotes discussion and awareness around...