EVENT: Regulators' Question Time
Date: 13th February, 2017 Time: 06:00 am - 09:00 pm
Our first evening seminar of 2017 will be a "Regulators' Question Time", comprising a panel of six experts on financial regulation and will be an opportunity to ask questions that you can't (or don't want to) ask the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority directly. It will be held in the evening of Monday 13 February.
The seminar is being presented in partnership with Alvarez & Marsal.
Panelists will include:
- Paul Sharma, Former Deputy Head of the PRA and Executive Director of the Bank of England
- David Lawton, Former Director of Markets at the FCA and Alternate Member of the European Securities and Market Authority's Board of Supervisors.
- Jeremy Heales, former Head of Authorisations and Head of Regulatory and Supervisory Change at the FSA and FCA.
- Saeeda Jaafar, based in Dubai, former principal at Bain & Company focussing on retail, wholesale and digital banking strategy
- Craig Stone, Former Deputy Ombudsman for the (US) Comptroller of the Currency and a National Bank Examiner
- Suzanne Maughan, Fomer Advanced Associate within the Enforcement and Financial Crime Division of the FSA/FCA
Doors will open at 5.30 for a prompt start at 6pm and will be held at the Arab British Chamber of Commerce Building, 43 Upper Grosvenor Street, London W1K 2NJ. The presentations will be followed by a buffer supper.
Registration costs £20 for ABA individual and young professional memebrs and £50 for non-members. Reservations can be made through this website; by contacting Mrs Joumana Karam (020 7659 4889) or Miss Riem Mroue (020 7659 4850) in the ABA office; or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
More in Events
We hosted a meeting between the Financial Conduct Authority and Arab banks in London.
Our Summer Party was the last in a busy series of series of mid-year events.
Our annual real estate seminar drew more than 100 participants and included a lively discussion on the consequences of Brexit on the London property market.
We held our Eid party at Noura Lebanese restaurant in Belgravia.