EVENT: Regulators' Question Time
Date: 13th February, 2017 Time: 06:00 am - 09:00 pm
Our first evening seminar of 2017 will be a "Regulators' Question Time", comprising a panel of six experts on financial regulation and will be an opportunity to ask questions that you can't (or don't want to) ask the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority directly. It will be held in the evening of Monday 13 February.
The seminar is being presented in partnership with Alvarez & Marsal.
Panelists will include:
- Paul Sharma, Former Deputy Head of the PRA and Executive Director of the Bank of England
- David Lawton, Former Director of Markets at the FCA and Alternate Member of the European Securities and Market Authority's Board of Supervisors.
- Jeremy Heales, former Head of Authorisations and Head of Regulatory and Supervisory Change at the FSA and FCA.
- Saeeda Jaafar, based in Dubai, former principal at Bain & Company focussing on retail, wholesale and digital banking strategy
- Craig Stone, Former Deputy Ombudsman for the (US) Comptroller of the Currency and a National Bank Examiner
- Suzanne Maughan, Fomer Advanced Associate within the Enforcement and Financial Crime Division of the FSA/FCA
Doors will open at 5.30 for a prompt start at 6pm and will be held at the Arab British Chamber of Commerce Building, 43 Upper Grosvenor Street, London W1K 2NJ. The presentations will be followed by a buffer supper.
Registration costs £20 for ABA individual and young professional memebrs and £50 for non-members. Reservations can be made through this website; by contacting Mrs Joumana Karam (020 7659 4889) or Miss Riem Mroue (020 7659 4850) in the ABA office; or by emailing email@example.com.
More in Events
Federica Taccogna and Irena Petrila, from FTI Consulting, delivered an on-line seminar on financial crime and internal controls during the Covid-19 outbreak.
We have been working with our Corporate Members and other partners to offer a range of webinars and videos related to various aspects of the Covid-19 lockdown.
Do you know your SONIA from your SOFR? Or your €STR from your TONA?! Then take a look at this presentation on Libor transition from TLT solicitors...
On 13 February we held a seminar on the fight against financial crime. It was sponsored by Mishcon de Reya and FTI Consulting.
We hosted a meeting of senior Arab bankers in London and officials from the Prudential Regulation Authority, as part of our efforts to promote dialogue between our members and their regulators.